Wednesday, September 14, 2011

You fill up my senses, like a night in a forest

I feel as though my senses are awakened here more than at home.

Most likely it is simply due to all the new sights, sounds, smells and tastes. I think everyone needs this refreshment of the senses on a regular basis. We get so stuck in our routines and so dead to the things around us. Friends that come to visit in Colorado often proclaim how beautiful the mountains are, then follow with, "but you probably don't even notice them when you live here." I love the mountains and lovingly admire them often, but people are right: more often than not, I (and we all) overlook what surrounds us.

Take some time today to see, smell, hear, touch and taste something new, or something old. And then think of me and how deep I am and how much you appreciate me. I kid, I kid... (this is what happens when I write a blog late at night)

Here's some things that filled up my senses today...

Chasseral, a high mountain pass, looking down over the valley, and behind was Lake Neuchâtel, but that side was too cloudy for picteurs:


Taking a little train up to the top of the mountain and looking down at St Imier:


Salad and surop drinks in Neuchâtel—all bio (organic):


Overlooking Lake Neuchâtel from the chateau. This city is currently celebrating their millennium! 1000 years. You don't get that where I come from...


5 years ago I would not have touched this. Good thing I like fish now. You take away the head and tail and it's soo delish that fish (sorry, late night again):


THEN! Souffle Flambé! This was quite impressive:


And quite delectable:


And my favorite... These hills are literally alive with the sound of music:

YouTube Video

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Ani. I enjoyed hearing those cowbells too. :)

    p.s. Just thought of you as I plucked a lovely purple-ish heirloom tomato out of my garden.

    ReplyDelete