Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Farm life. Mmm...

I woke up and looked out the window this morning to find this:


Today was like slowly sipping a cup of hot chocolate, which I did after sitting on the dock and reading my book in the cool, crispy fall air.














We slept in, ate breakfast, wandered around the farm, then went for stroll through the woods. The forest here is so beautiful and different from Colorado. There is thick spongy moss all over the ground. You can go bounding through the landscape and if you fall on your face it's like falling into a pillow. This didn't happen by the way... There are all kinds of mushrooms everywhere too. I wish I was better prepared to identify them and am regretting not listening more closely to my dad when he got a poisonous mushroom book for christmas one year. Good thing I didn't eat any.














Anyway, after my jaunt in the woods I can easily see how Hans Christian Andersen would be inspired here to write imaginative fairy tales here. Maybe tomorrow I'll write a few.

So besides running into town for groceries we've just been relaxing and enjoying the farm. I've been reading the latest adolescent literature hit series, The Hunger Games, and it has me totally captivated. Visiting the woods I imagine the ways I would survive there if I had to. No problem...

Tonight we cooked some pesto pasta with sundries tomatoes, chevre, ciabatta bread with olive oil, and have been searching for a movie on the tele. Lovely times.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: