Saturday, September 24, 2011

Ahoy!

A guy told me and Meghan the other day that Prague was pretty much the same as Vienna. Not sure what he was smoking... There is a very different feel here, and not one I can easily explain. I mean, in Austria they say "guten tag" or "hallo" in greeting, and in Czech they say "ahoy," so that is a vast difference. So much more fun to say "ahoy!" Maybe it's the fact that I can actually navigate this city whereas in Vienna I was so turned around. Either way, I guess it is another beautiful city full of ancient buildings and incredible works of art. I like it a lot. As with all the places we've visited, I want more time here...

Today we saw the famous Charles Bridge, along with thousands of other people. There's loads of tourists here. We shopped for much of the remainder of the day. Great news: I have a new pair of pants! It's so refreshing. Meghan and I are both about ready to ditch all our clothes at the end of this trip! I'm so thankful to have a washing machine at home. And a plethora of clothing and shoes.

Tonight we kicked back and saw a movie in a beautiful old theatre. Midnight in Paris is delightful! It was sweet to see the city again soon after we left it, and it made me want to go back!

Anywhoozles... Tomorrow we head north for our last stop: Sveden! A new country and a new pair of pants, it's all very exciting. Can't believe we have less than a week left. Seems like yesterday we left Colorado, but also so long ago. Ahhh life.

Visuals:





A hot air balloon thingy in the background:














So clever:


Creeper:



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment