Sunday, March 14, 2010

I want the road.






















I am itchy. I am feeling the itch. There's something out on the wind calling my name. It's a little whispery song that says, "Annie, get up away from your desk for a little while and play. Come to europe and play. Mkay?"

I think it's time for me to go. But this is what I want: a Europe friend. I was all for venturing out on my own awhile ago, but I've realized over the past months that I want a wonderful soul to share it all with, to look back on the adventure in years to come, to reminisce, and laugh and cry and blow our noses over all the things that are going to happen. But who is that person? Who can swing it, both financially and time-ancially?

Where are you my little friend? My little companion? Who wants to join me with the sticks slung over our shoulders, bandanas tied to the end, full of bread, cheese, toothpaste and a clean shirt?

Come on, let's go...

5 comments:

  1. me! me!

    but there is that matter of finances and time. :( can we get a sponsor?

    p.s. did you draw this lovely picture? i like it. a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, you! i know a sponsor would be perf. where can we find one?

    and yes i did drawr that little gypsy girl awhile back. and now she looks like me with her blueish black hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm . . . perhaps it can be a research project. Maybe new belgium or a vineyard would hire us to go study beer and wine in europe. I'll start sending letters.

    I love the gypsy girl. You should start selling prints of these drawings. I would spend all my money on them. :)

    p.s. your hair is not blueish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i would also spend all my money on them and i'm checking how much vacation time i have as we speak. when would we go? i'll start calculating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time and money. Time and money. Time and money. Here's what I've learned: If you make consistent money, you normally don't have any consistent time. If you have consistent time, you normally don't have consistent money to spend. But alas; if you have inconsistent time and inconsistent money... on more often than not occasions... you will find two worlds of time off and just enough money to spend will coincide and there you will discover the ultimate adventure. It does take patience and proper timing. This consistency of inconsistency is exactly how and why I am going with you on your traveling extravaganzas.

    -aaron m werner

    ReplyDelete